ROCKWELL DRIVER GUIDE
The Rockwell driver provides communication support to Rockwell PLCs.
This is your guide for using the Rockwell driver with the Data Commander™.
It is presumed that you have experience with the following:
• Rockwell PLC architecture
• Rockwell PLCs
• Rockwell naming conventions
• Rockwell software applications RSLinx and RSLogix 5/500/5000
• The Workbench
Before using information in this guide, the following should have happened:
• A Data Commander™ MES Gateway product was installed in its operating environment.
• The Rockwell PLCs have been set up and connected to the Data Commander™.
This guide contains the following:
• Rockwell supported hardware: Explains the Rockwell PLCs that are compatible with the Rockwell driver.
• Rockwell device definition: Explains the steps used to define the different types of Rockwell devices.
• Rockwell supported access: Explains the data elements and data supported by the Rockwell driver.
• Rockwell unsolicited message support: Explains the unsolicited message types supported by the Rockwell driver.
• Rockwell performance considerations: Provides information about Rockwell device access performance.
• Rockwell driver troubleshooting: Explains common problem situations and their solutions and describes the extended status codes returned by the Rockwell driver.